TWO

1.06.2013


Dear Isaiah,

I'm a little late on posting this. But then again, you keep me pretty busy these days.

You are officially two. I can't quite believe it. It seems like just yesterday I was holding you for the first time.

You are growing up on me fast, but yet, you are still my baby. You still have your rubber band wrists—or what's left of them, anyway. When you cry, your mouth still makes the same shape it did when you were a newborn. And you still giggle the same way you did at 6 months. Just louder.

I wish I could capture it in a bottle.

You are talking up a storm, and you repeat everything we say. (And I mean, everything.) You love to be rocked, and my heart melts when you ask me. You still kiss your own boo-boo's, for efficiency sake, but if a tumble is bad enough then you come kiss Mommy's leg for relief. You're tough, like that.

You've memorized a few favorite books, and you like to "read" them to Mommy. And I love to listen. Brown Bear is your favorite, as of late. Are you My Mother is a close second.

Isaiah, Mommy's favorite thing to do, in the whole wide world, is to play with you. You have such a vivid imagination. You like to make your stuffed animals talk, and you are often lost in your own exciting world. My happy place is watching your imagination at work. 

You don't like going to sleep.  But then, your Mommy doesn't either. So really, it's hard to be mad at you.

And of course, you love to do everything Daddy does. You want to be just like him. And you know what? I don't blame you.

Isaiah, you are so precious to us.  Not a day goes by without us thinking it. I can't imagine our lives without you. You've brought us such joy over these past two years. I can't wait to see what the future holds. You just get better and better every year...

I love you, stinker. I love you more than all the stars.

Love,

Mommy


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janssen said...

What a sweet little guy.

Post a Comment